Path of Exile has been released now, so anyone can play.
But since there is no game manual, here is a list of controls to get you started:
- Right click on a skill hotkey slot (in the bottom right of the screen) to assign an action to that key.
- Use left ALT to show/hide item names, sockets on gear, chests etc.
You can tweak the default for whether items are shown or not in the options.
- Hold SHIFT to disable movement commands. As long as shift is held you won't be able to move - this is useful for attacking without moving.
- Press TAB to show the map. Use the arrow keys to scroll the map.
You can enable a corner minimap in the options.
- Mouse1, Mouse2, Mouse3, Q, W, E, R, T for skills
- O opens the options panel
- C opens the character panel
- F opens the contacts page
- L opens the ladder panel (currently inactive)
- I opens the inventory panel
- P opens the passive skills panel
- You can swap between two weapon sets by pressing the X key, or clicking the tabs above the slots on the inventory screen.
Gems in the swapped-out set continue to gain experience as normal, but their skills cannot be used unless swapped back in.
- To quickly move an item from your inventory to the stash or vendor sell window, Ctrl-click the item.
- To split a stack of items, Shift-click on the stack, and select how many items to remove from the stack.
- Holding ALT while mousing over an item will bring up a side by side comparison with your currently equipped gear.
- With the chat window open, Ctrl-Alt-click an item to quickly link it in chat.
- Right-click on a player's name in the chat window to whipser to them, invite them to a party etc.
- Press Ctrl+Enter to reply to the most recent whisper
- Press Shift+Enter to talk in global chat
- There are some chat commands available. Type /help in game to get a list of commands.
- Press F8 to take a screenshot. They are saved in to the My Games\Path of Exile folder in your Documents folder.
If you are taking a screenshot for reporting a bug, remember to type /debug before taking the screenshot
- Press F1 to show FPS and network latency information