If you are using Windows 8 (or 8.1) you might have noticed that Windows auto corrects everything you write, for example in an input box in Internet Explorer. While this might be a good solution for some, a lot of people prefer to write in slang or maybe in a different language. In that case, auto correct can be quite irretating.
Here is how to turn off spell checker in Windows 8:
- Move your mouse to the bottom-right corner of your screen until the Charms Bar appears.
- Click on Change PC settings all the way at the bottom.
- Windows 8 Users: Click on General.
Windows 8.1 User: Click on PC & devices and then on Typing.
- Here you can turn on one of the two options, or both of them:
Autocorrect misspelled words
Highlight misspelled words
- You are done. No need to restart. Spell checker is disabled in all programs including Internet Explorer.